Pages

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Just keep swimming...

There is something so awesome about having friends over and being able to entertain. We had a great group of friends over last night (I'm still cleaning up all the fun we had!). Having everyone over really made my husband and I appreciate everything that we have. Amazing friends, health, happiness, a good home...

original blue encaustic art

As I look back on the past two years, it has been quite a ride. I remember when Hurricane Ike hit and we lost power for 3 weeks. Then the stock market crashed, and I had to go help my parents with some things for three months. In the middle of all of that, my husband got a new job and I put him on a plane to Asia while I packed up our home, and tried to sell just about everything we owned. Etsy fell by the wayside as I put our entire life in a self-storage unit. I wasn't sure where we were going to live, how reliable our internet connection would be, if I'd have space to make work, if I could get supplies... the list goes on.

But with a dash of optimism mixed with lots of fact finding and hard work, I've got BS Art Studio up and running again. Life. Is. Good.

No comments: