Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hazardous Materials



Ugh.  My husband and I just got back from a wonderful trip to Bali in Indonesia (didn't feel the earthquake, we were asleep), and we both managed to come down with the flu.  Not just kind of a small bug, but THE FLU.  I've been having awful, awful body aches for the past three days, but Joe was a wonderful husband and brought me some chicken soup for dinner tonight!  Yum.  

Luckily, I got a knock on the door yesterday that made me very happy.  The FedEx guy was at the door, and he had my wax medium!  This is the magic glue that makes the encaustic pieces come together so nicely.  Unfortunately, I was having a very hard time finding a company that would ship it overseas.  Has something to do with the fact that it might be slightly hazardous *gulp*.  Who knew that artists were glorified chemists?  

So now I have my medium, and I have my paints, time to get back in the studio!

Speaking of which, here is a pic of my new shelves and what the studio looks like now.  I find it is always kind of cool to see what the inside of a creative space looks like. 

No comments: